- Ethan J. Halpern (Author)
Keep pace with the latest advances in CT imaging of the heart with this cutting-edge Second Edition.
Praise for the First Edition:Well written, well organized [and] easy to read…provides everything that a physician would need to know in order to include cardiac CT in his or her practice…this book was a pleasure to read.–Radiology
With a special emphasis on the complementary nature of anatomic and functional cardiac data,Clinical Cardiac CT: Anatomy and Function — now in a lavishly illustrated Second Edition — ensures physicians develop the skills they need to interpret cardiac CT images with confidence.
This volume begins with a brief introduction to the essentials of CT technique, normal cardiac anatomy, and anatomic anomalies. The expert authors then discuss the clinical application of cardiac CT for risk stratification, how to evaluate coronary artery disease, and the preoperative planning for and postoperative assessment of percutaneous cardiac procedures, including coronary stents and bypass grafts.
- Entirely new chapters address evaluation of the thoracic aorta, congenital heart disease in the adult, triple rule-out CT angiography, and the latest innovations in cardiac CT
- 1,157 high-resolution CT images — including over 500 images that are new to this edition — demonstrate the full range of normal cardiac variations and pathologic findings
- An accompanying DVD contains 3-D displays of anatomic relationships and cine clips of more than 200 cases that demonstrate cardiac function and valve evaluation
- New information on frontier techniques, including myocardial perfusion and targeted contrast agents
This highly visual reference is a must-have for anyone involved in performing or interpreting cardiac CT images. It is an essential resource for radiologists, cardiologists, or cardiothoracic surgeons, as well as for residents or fellows preparing for Boards or a cardiac imaging rotation.