- David M. Yousem MD MBA (Author),
- Norman J. Beauchamp Jr. MD MHS (Author)
To succeed in radiology, you not only need to be able to interpret diagnostic images accurately and efficiently; you also need to make wise decisions about managing your practice at every level. Whether you work in a private, group, hospital, and/or university setting, this practical resource delivers the real-world advice you need to effectively navigate day-to-day financial decisions, equipment and computer systems choices, and interactions with your partners and staff.
- Equips you to make the best possible decisions on assessing your equipment needs · dealing with manufacturers · purchasing versus leasing · and anticipating maintenance costs and depreciation.
- Helps you to identify your most appropriate options for picture archiving systems and radiology information systems · security issues · high-speed lines · storage issues · workstation assessments · and paperless filmless flow.
- Offers advice on dealing with departments/clinicians who wish to perform radiological procedures and provides strategies for win-win compromises, drawing the line, inpatient-versus-outpatient considerations, cost and revenue sharing, and more.