- Eugene D. Frank, MA, RT(R), FASRT, FAEIRS, Retired Director, Radiography Program, Riverland Community College, Austin, MN; Assistant Professor fo Radiology, Emeritus, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN;
- Barbara J. Smith, MS, RT(R)(QM), FASRT,, FAEIRS, Instructor, Radiologic Technology, Medical Imaging Department, Portland Community College, Portland, OR
- Bruce W. Long, MS, RT(R)(CV), FASRT, Director and Associate Professor, Radiologic Imaging and Sciences Program, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Designed for quick reference in the clinical environment, Merrill’s Pocket Guide to Radiography is a pocket-sized companion to Merrill’s Atlas of Radiographic Positioning and Procedures, 12th Edition. This handy resource summarizes essential information for 170 of the most frequently requested projections you’ll encounter. Authors Eugene Frank, Barbara Smith, and Bruce Long concisely present just the information you’ll need for quick reference — keep it with you and keep Merrill’s close at hand!
New to This Edition
- New exposure index column for use with digital imaging systems
- Specific collimation settings for all projections done using DR Systems
- Diagnostic-quality radiographs demonstrate desired imaging results.
- Key positioning information is formatted for quick and easy access.
- Each procedure is presented in a two-color, two-page spread with bulleted, step-by-step procedures and accompanying images on the top page; and a chart with spaces to fill in the specific techniques used for a particular projection on the bottom page.
- Section dividers with tabs offer quick access to each section.
- Computed radiography information allows you to make the subtle adjustments necessary to obtain optimal results with CR.
- Exposure technique chart for every projection helps reduce the number of repeat radiographs and improves overall image quality.
- Abbreviations and external landmark charts on the inside covers provide quick access to frequently needed information.
- kVp values are included for each projection.
- Compensating filter information included for those projections where filters are used.