- Otmar Schober, MD, PhD, Münster Universit y Hospital, Depar t ment of Nuclear Medicine, Münster, Germany
- Walter Heindel, MD, Münster Universit y Hospital, Department of Clinical Radiology, Münster, Germany
The essentials of PET-CT fusion technology in one practical, comprehensive volume
Written by a multidisciplinary team of experts in radiology and nuclear medicine, this lavishly illustrated handbook presents an evidence-based look at the most up-to-date image-fusion technology in clinical use today. The authors combine multislice spiral CT anatomic images with specific sensitive molecular images of PET in one examination to give readers a full understanding of this evolving technology.
The book places special emphasis on tumor imaging, with additional chapters on the imaging of inflammatory, cardiovascular, and neurodegenerative diseases. Leading clinicians provide systematic discussion of patient preparation, recommendations for imaging protocols for specific indications, and examination techniques such as slice orientation and positioning. To prepare the reader for daily practice, CT and PET-CT scans appear throughout the text side-by-side with explanations of their interpretation.
- 616 high-quality images – including 175 in full color – complement the text
- Easy-to-reference textboxes and sidebars present key concepts, pearls, and pitfalls
- Detailed summaries at the end of each chapter facilitate rapid review
- Carefully selected suggestions for further reading at the end of each section
- A comprehensive glossary of frequently used terms and a list of common abbreviations
Ideal for practicing radiologists, radiologic technologists, and radiology residents, PET-CT Hybrid Imaging is an essential reference for anyone who needs to quickly compare and interpret PET-CT images. It is also an excellent preparation tool for Board examinations.