- Thomas R. Johnson, MD, Orthopedic Surgeons, PSC, Billings, Montana
- Lynne S. S Teinbach, MD, Chief, Musculoskeletal Imaging, Professor of Clinical Radiology and Orthopedic Surgery, Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
A young runner presents shin pain but his X-rays come back negative. However, you suspect a stress fracture based on the patient’s history. What are your next steps?
Find these answers and much more in Essentials of Musculoskeletal Imaging – your step-by-step guide to the latest modalities and thinking for imaging and diagnosing 265 adult and pediatric musculoskeletal conditions.
This practical, highly visual decision-making tool will help you order the most appropriate imaging studies, gain a deeper understanding of what’s revealed in imaging studies, and better educate residents and other members in your treatment and referral network. The book also explores advanced imaging techniques and the impact of ultrasound and other emerging technologies.
Get to the correct diagnosis with speed and confidence with this concise, easy-to-use guide.
- Comparison views help you identify the subtle differences between conditions that look similar in imaging duties
- Important details on normal variants help you determine if something you see is cause for concern or is simply part of a patient’s particular anatomy
- Step-by-step details on the nuances of imaging some of the more challenging musculoskeletal injuries and disorders, and much more!
Imaging is also an excellent teaching and referral resource for primary care physicians, orthopaedic residents, nurses, physician assistants, physical and occupational therapists, and other members of your allied health team.
Developed and reviewed by a renowned team of orthopaedic surgeons, radiologists, and pediatric orthopaedic surgeons.