- Stephen Davies, MA, MB, BChir, MRCP, FRCR, Consultant Radiologist, Royal Glamorgan Hospital, South Wales, UK
This popular resource assists readers in honing their knowledge of radiological differential diagnosis for the most commonly encountered conditions in all areas of the body. The first section presents lists of differential diagnoses, supplemented by notes on useful facts and discriminating factors. The second section offers detailed descriptions on the characteristic radiological appearance of more than eighty individual diseases. The result is a convenient study tool for exam preparation, as well as a helpful quick reference for clinical practice.
New to This Edition
- Contents revised and reduced to reflect current radiological practice.
- Existing lists modernised to reflect modern imaging practice, particularly where technological advances have been made (eg multislice CT and PET CT).
- Revised to take account of new imaging guidelines (eg Royal College of Radiologists: Making Best Use of the Radiology department; SIGN; NICE).
- Journal references updated.
- Increased number of diagrams.
- Lists of differential diagnoses.
- Notes on radiological apperances.
- Ideal for preparation for radiological examinations.