- Andrea G Dutton MEd, AART (R), CRT (R,F) Program Director, Radiologic Technology ProgramProfessor, Chaffey CollegeSchool of Health SciencesRancho Cucamonga, CA
- TerriAnn Linn-Watson M.Ed., ARRT (R,M) CRT (R, F)Radiologic Technology ProgramProfessor, Montana
- Lillian S Torres RN, MS, CNS, NP Professor EmeritusChaffey CollegeSchool of Health SciencesRancho Cucamonga, CA
Now in its eighth edition, Torres’ Patient Care in Imaging Technology is trusted to develop the knowledge and skills that enable students to become safe and sensitive practitioners in every aspect of patient care. The text is designed to present key concepts effectively for beginning students as well as more advanced students and practitioners who want to improve their skills in patient care and imaging technology.
Torres’ Patient Care in Imaging Technology is a highly visual, focused, comprehensive text that presents key concepts, current trends, and advances in imaging technology and patient care in an engaging manner. The new edition includes an introductory chapter on radiography and contains expanded coverage of HIPAA and diversity. Two new features: Cultural Considerations boxes and Case Studies with critical thinking questions, build on the text’s emphasis on helping students develop the skills needed to think critically and react appropriately in an actual clinical setting. The student-friendly writing style and logical organization allow instructors to cover the essentials of patient care in a limited amount of time. An illustration- and feature-rich approach enhances learning for students of multiple learning styles.
- Objectives: provide a quick overview of the content to be covered
- Key Terms: listed and defined at the beginning of each chapter
- NEW Cultural Considerations boxes: help teach you to be aware of the diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds of your patients
- Call Out and Warning boxes: alert you to important facts and steer you away from common pitfalls
- Display boxes: highlight important accreditation, competency, or skills information
- Procedure boxes: help you master the steps needed to ensure the safety of both you and your patient
- Summary: reinforces the important topics that were discussed in the chapter
- NEW Case Studies with Questions: provide practice responding to real-world situations you will encounter every day on the job
- NEW Chapter Test: lets you assess your knowledge and put your new skills into practice