- Dennis C Shrieve MD, PhD Professor of Radiation Oncology, Chair of the Department of Radiation Oncology, Huntsman Cancer Hospital, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Jay Loeffler MD Herman and Joan Suit Professor, Harvard Medical School; Chair, Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Human Radiation Injury is a concise but thorough presentation of known toxicities of radiation exposure in humans. This unique text is the only single reference available that studies the risks to humans from medical, environmental, and accidental or terrorist-related exposure to radiation. The chapters cover modern understanding of the molecular and cellular events involved in radiation injury, the known dose-effect relationships for human organ systems, and a full discussion of normal tissue toxicity related to therapeutic radiation. Recommended guidelines are outlined and the best available treatments following injury are also detailed.
A companion website offers the fully searchable text and an image bank.
- First complete reference on doserelated toxicities following radiosurgery or conventional radiotherapy
- Deals with organspecific effects of low dose as well as therapeutic radiation exposure
- Includes information on best available treatments following injury