- Giuseppe Guglielmi, Department of Radiology, University of Foggia, Foggia, Italy
Osteoporosis is a serious problem worldwide, and its significance is continuing to increase as the world population grows and ages. Osteoporosis and Bone Densitometry Measurementsprovides a comprehensive review of the latest research on this potentially devastating condition. The book encompasses prevention, diagnosis, and therapy, providing state of the art information on each aspect. A wide range of topics are discussed, including differentiation between acute and chronic, benign and malignant vertebral fractures; the value of the WHO FRAX tool in patient evaluation; the roles of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry, quantitative computed tomography, quantitative ultrasound, and high-resolution imaging; and the use of kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty to treat vertebral compression fractures. All chapters are written by acknowledged experts in the field.
- Presents the latest research on the potentially devastating condition of osteoporosis
- Encompasses prevention, diagnosis, and therapy
- Discusses the role of a range of imaging techniques
- Written by acknowledged experts