- Henri Duvernoy, Chemin des Relançons, Besançon, France
- Françoise Cattin, Hôpital Universitaire Jean Minjoz, Centre Hospitalier Régional, Besançon, France
- Pierre-Yves Risold, Université de Franche-Comté, Besançon, France
This new edition, like previous ones, offers a precise description of the anatomy of the human hippocampus based upon neurosurgical progress and the wealth of medical imaging methods available. The first part describes the fine structures of the hippocampus and is illustrated with new original figures. A survey is then provided of current concepts explaining the functions of the hippocampus, and the external and internal hippocampal vascularization is precisely described. The last and main part of the book presents serial sections in coronal, sagittal, and axial planes; each section is accompanied by a drawing to explain the MR 3T images. The new edition is also enriched by several MRI views of major hippocampal diseases. This comprehensive atlas of human hippocampal anatomy will be of interest to all neuroscientists, including neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, and neurologists.
- Precise description of anatomy
- Serial sections in coronal, sagittal, and axial planes
- New original figures
- MRI views of major hippocampal diseases