- E. Edmund Kim, Departments of Nuclear Medicine and Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Texas, Houston, TX, USA
- Tomio Inoue, Department of Radiology, Yokohama City University, Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
- Myung-Chul Lee, Department of Nuclear Medicine, Gachon University School of Medicine, Namdong-Gu, Incheon, Korea, Republic of (South Korea)
- Wai-Hoi Wong, Department of Experimental Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Clinical PET and PET/CT, 2nd Edition presents a valuable overview of the basic principles and clinical applications of PET and PET/CT. Emphasis is placed on the familiarization of normal distribution, artifacts, and common imaging agents such as FDG in conjunction with CT, MRI, and US to establish the clinical effectiveness of PET and PET/CT. Practical information about updated PET and PET/CT scanners, imaging processing, correlation, and quantification of PET and PET/CT measurements is also presented. This book is divided into two sections, the first half dealing with the basic principles of PET and PET/CT for instrumentation, fusion, radiopharmaceuticals, radiosynthesis, safety, and cost analysis. The second part of this volume presents chapters on the clinical techniques and applications of PET and PET/CT for common oncologic, cardiologic, and neurologic diseases. Numerous full color images provide comprehensive coverage on essential clinical PET and PET/CT studies.
- Presents a valuable overview of the basic principles and clinical applications of PET and PET/CT
- Numerous full color images
- Includes practical information about updated PET and PET/CT scanners, imaging processing, correlation, and quantification of PET and PET/CT measurements