- Eric Nofzinger, The founder, Chief Medical Officer and founding CEO of Cerêve, Pittsburgh PA, USA
- Pierre Maquet, Cyclotron Research Centre, University of Liège, Liège, Belgium
- Michael J. Thorpy, Director, Sleep–Wake Disorders Center, Monte fiore Medical Center, and Professor of Clinical Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
This up-to-date, superbly illustrated book is a practical guide to the effective use of neuroimaging in the patient with sleep disorders. There are detailed reviews of new neuroimaging techniques – including CT, MRI, advanced MR techniques, SPECT and PET – as well as image analysis methods, their roles and pitfalls. Neuroimaging of normal sleep and wake states is covered plus the role of neuroimaging in conjunction with tests of memory and how sleep influences memory consolidation. Each chapter carefully presents and analyzes the key findings in patients with sleep disorders indicating the clinical and imaging features of the various sleep disorders from clinical presentation to neuroimaging, aiding in establishing an accurate diagnosis. Written by neuroimaging experts from around the world, Neuroimaging of Sleep and Sleep Disorders is an invaluable resource for both researchers and clinicians including sleep specialists, neurologists, radiologists, psychiatrists, psychologists.
- Most comprehensive collection of information regarding the neuroimaging of sleep and sleep disorders
- Contains new information on the role of neuroimaging in sleep medicine
- Includes real-life case studies