- Richard C. Semelka (Author),
- Jorge Elias (Author)
The first book-length treatment of the absolutely essential topic of U.S. health care reform for imaging specialists
This latest volume in the Current Clinical Imaging series offers all professionals involved with imaging a cogent, concise discussion of major issues related to health care reform from the perspective of fellow imaging specialists. It provides radiologists with a solid footing in understanding where they are now and where they can expect to be in the evolution of health care reform over the next ten years.
Presenting an excellent balance of clinical and health care policy issues, Health Care Reform in Radiology reinforces the central role of health promotion and preventive medicine in U.S. health care systems while offering an international perspective on the subject. Topical coverage includes evidence-based outcomes for health care delivery, the impact of the determination of imaging tests’ effectiveness, patient safety, medicolegal reform, reimbursement issues, and universal healthcare benefits and challenges.
Health Care Reform in Radiology presents a program to:
- Enhance patient safety and quality of care
- Anticipate new or revised standards for all imaging modalities
- Suggest the more appropriate use of imaging based on the latest clinical evidence
- Discuss the evolving regulations defining the training required to perform imaging procedures
- Encourage career-long learning (CME, maintenance of certification, etc.)
- Show fellow radiologists how to provide added value for patients and referring physicians
Developed and written by two top experts in the field, this is an ideal book for all professionals involved with imaging as well as physician groups that depend on radiology.