- Matthew A. Mauro, MD,FACR, The Ernest H. Wood Distinguished Professor of Radiology and Surgery;Chairman, Department of Radiology, Chief of Interventional Radiology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Kieran P.J. Murphy, MD, FRCPC, FSIR, Vice Chair and Director of Research, Professor of Neurointerventional Radiology, Department of Medical Imaging, University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Kenneth R. Thomson, MD, FRANZCR, Professor of Radiology, Monash University Faculty of Medicine, Nursing, and Health Sciences, Director, Radiology Department, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Anthony C. Venbrux, MD, Director, Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, DC
- Robert A. Morgan, MBChB, MRCP, FRCR, EBIR, Consultant, Vascular and Interventional Radiologist, Radiology Department, St. George’s NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Image-Guided Interventions, a title in the Expert Radiology Series, brings you in-depth and advanced guidance on all of today’s imaging and procedural techniques. Whether you are a seasoned interventionalist or trainee, this single-volume medical reference book offers the up-to-the-minute therapeutic methods necessary to help you formulate the best treatment strategies for your patients. The combined knowledge of radiology experts from around the globe provides a broad range of treatment options and perspectives, equipping you to avoid complications and put today’s best approaches to work in your practice.
New to This Edition
- Make optimal use of the latest interventional radiology techniques with new chapters covering ablation involving microwave and irreversible electroporation; aortic endografts with fenestrated grafts and branch fenestrations; thoracic endografting (TEVAR); catheter-based cancer therapies involving drug-eluting beads; sacroiliac joint injections; bipedal lymphangiography; pediatric gastrostomy and gastrojejunostomy; and peripartum hemorrhage.
- Know what to look for and how to proceed with the aid of over 2,650 state-of-the-art images demonstrating interventional procedures, in addition to full-color illustrations emphasizing key anatomical structures and landmarks.
- Quickly reference the information you need through a functional organization highlighting indications and contraindications for interventional procedures, as well as tables listing the materials and instruments required for each.
- Access the fully searchable contents, online-only material, and all of the images online at Expert Consult.
- Formulate the best treatment plans for your patients with step-by-step instructions on important therapeutic radiology techniques, as well as discussions on equipment, contrast agents, pharmacologic agents, antiplatelet agents, and protocols.
- Make effective clinical decisions with the help of detailed protocols, classic signs, algorithms, and SIR guidelines.