- Fred A. Mettler, Jr., MD, MPH, Chief, Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, New Mexico V.A. Health Care System, Clinical Professor, Department of Radiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Arthur C. Upton, MD, Clinical Professor, Department of Environmental and Community Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey
The new edition of this popular monograph features renowned experts who offer the most current information and reliable guidance on the effects of radiation exposure. They provide all the answers you need to effectively treat your patients who have been exposed to accidental, occupational, or medical radiation. Using the newest data on the molecular and genetic basis of radiation carcinogenesis, the authors offer in-depth coverage of the risks of cancer, genetic impairment, and other forms of damage caused by radiation exposure.
New to This Edition
- Incorporates the latest information on risk estimates and the effects on varying radiation doses on specific organ systems to help you better answer questions from patients who are considering or undergoing radiation treatment.
- Features expanded topics on the molecular and genetic basis of radiation carcinogenesis keeping you current on how best to treat your patients and avoid complications.
- Includes the newest information on legal issues so you can better understand the legal implications of radiation exposure.
- Provides updated coverage on the effects of radiation in pregnant women to help you understand the unique needs of this patient group, including the effects on the in-utero central nervous system.
- Covers all aspects of the effects of radiation on humans from basic physics and chemistry to perception and acceptance of risk to hormesis to the latest data on radiation exposure, offering you well-rounded coverage of this complex field.
- Offers extensive references at the end of each chapter for further reading.
- Presents an easy-to-read writing style coupled with numerous tables, charts, and illustrations to make complex concepts easier to understand and absorb.