- Julie M. Nightingale, MSc DCR(R), Director of Radiography/Chair of the GI Radiographers’, Special Interest Group (GIRSIG), University of Salford, Salford, UK
- Robert L. Law, DCR(R) MRCR(Hon), Consultant Gastrointestinal Radiographer,, North Bristol NHS Trust; Visiting Research Fellow,, University of the West of England, Bristol, UK
This book offers a unique insight into the rapidly changing radiology service, and offers introductory chapters which provide the fundamental underpinning knowledge required for safe and effective GI practice. Subsequent chapters discuss the evidence base related to a range of imaging procedures suitable for investigation of upper and lower GI symptoms, supported by key pathology chapters. The book also explores the range of treatments available for the more common GI tract pathology.
- Multi professional authorship.
- Detailed evidence-informed explanations of a range of individual GI procedures, including suggestions for problem solving and adaptation of technique.
- With extensive illustrations, medical images, boxes and tables.
- References and further reading.