- Jean-François H. Geschwind, MD Professor of Radiology, Surgery and Oncology Director, Vascular and Interventional Radiology Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine 600 North Wolfe Street, Blalock 545 Baltimore, MD 21287
- Michael D. Dake, MD Thelma and Henry Doelger Professor (III) Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Falk Cardiovascular Research Center, Stanford, California
The Interventional Radiology volume of the landmark reference Abrams’ Angiography has now been expanded and thoroughly revised to reflect dynamic advances in interventional radiology. More than 60 contributors representing a “Who’s Who” of the specialty provide comprehensive, step-by-step coverage of all contemporary vascular and nonvascular interventional procedures.
Major sections discuss today’s equipment and describe interventions for specific disorders of each organ system, as well as for trauma, pediatric diseases, abscess drainage, and miscellaneous disorders. More than 1,100 illustrations complement the text. This edition incorporates an extensive new section on interventional oncologic procedures. The section covers all organ-specific cancers for which interventional therapies are used. Other sections include artervenous malformations, liver diseases, arterial occlusive disease, aneurysms, traumatic arterial injuries, hemorrhage, and venous diseases. It also has full color and an accompanying online site to access the content anytime.
- NEW full color throughout
- NEW increased coverage of relevant surgical anatomy
- NEW increased focus on the details of techniques
- NEW New editors in Jeff Geschwind and Michael Dake
- NEW SECTION: Oncology
- NEW Solution site
- Abram’s brand