- Lotfi Hendaoui, MD, Professor of Radiology, Medical School of Tunis El Manar University, Department of Medical Imaging and Imaging Guided Interventions, Mongi Slim University Hospital-La Marsa, 2046 Sidi Daoud, Tunisia
- Anthony W. Stanson, MD, Professor Emeritus of Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester 55905 MN, USA
- M. Habib Bouhaouala, MD, Professor of Radiology, Medical School of Tunis El Manar, University, Department of Medical Imaging, Interior Security Forces Teaching Hospital, 2070 La Marsa, Tunisia
- Francis Joffre, MD, Professor of Radiology, Medical School of Toulouse University, Department of Medical Imaging, Rangueil Hospital, Toulouse CX 9, France
Vasculitis is a clinicopathologic process characterized by inflammation of and damage to blood vessels. Vessels of any type and size in any organ can be affected, resulting in a wide range of signs and symptoms. While patients with systemic vasculitis are relatively uncommon in vascular practice, a missed diagnosis can be disastrous. It is therefore imperative to achieve the correct diagnosis promptly and to initiate treatment as quickly as possible.
Imaging is of vital importance in the diagnosis of systemic vasculitis, and in some cases it also plays a role in endovascular treatment. In this book, the imaging features of the many different types of vasculitis are clearly demonstrated by means of numerous high-quality illustrations. All relevant imaging modalities are considered, and key distinctive characteristics are highlighted. In addition, each chapter discusses the etiology, epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical presentation, biology, and treatment of the vasculitis in question.
This book is the result of cooperation between expert teams from a range of countries. The wealth of illustrations and informative clinical case studies will prove invaluable for all who may be confronted with these problematic disorders.
- Demonstrates the imaging features of all types of systemic vasculitis by means of numerous high-quality illustrations
- Considers all relevant imaging modalities and highlights key distinctive characteristics
- Provides information on etiology, epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical presentation, biology, and treatment
- Includes contributions from expert teams from a range of countries
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!