- Stewart C. Bushong, ScD, FACR, FACMP, Professor, Department of Radiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
This book offers comprehensive, well-illustrated coverage of this specialized subject at a level that does not require an extensive background in math and physics. It presents the fundamentals and principles of conventional MRI, fast imaging techniques, and their applications. Beginning with an overview of the fundamentals of electricity and magnetism (Part 1), Parts 2 and 3 present an in-depth explanation of how MRI works. The latest imaging methods are presented in Parts 4 and 5, and the final section (Part 6) covers personnel and patient safety and administration issues. Perfect for student radiographers and practicing technologists preparing to take the MRI advanced certification exam offered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
New to This Edition
- New chapters on Chemical Shift and Magnetization Transfer (chapter 19), Perfusion Imaging (chapter 24), Diffusion Imaging (chapter 25) and Cardiac MR Imaging (chapter 26) keep up with the significant advances in functional MRI (fMRI) and cardiac imaging techniques.
- Over 200 new illustrations make difficult concepts easy to understand – all pulse sequence diagrams have been revised for greater consistency with current scientific literature, and new images and line drawings have been added throughout to complement the extensive revision in many chapters.
- New learning tools (outlines, objectives, and challenge questions) have been added to each chapter with answers in the back of the book that let readers assess what they should learn from each chapter, review concepts, and solidify their understanding of key concepts.
- Two practice exams with 122 questions each include the appropriate number of test items for each category of the ARRT exam.
- New images give readers a look at what the new imaging equipment and techniques can produce.
- Extensive revisions, especially of chapters on imaging systems, image formation, pulse sequences, and applications, provide new content and updates.
- Over 450 images, photos, and line drawings accompany each discussion, clarifying difficult material.
- Easy-to-read, comprehensive material addresses six important content areas in an engaging style that does not require an extensive background in math or physics, but still goes beyond superficial coverage.
- Appendices provide more complex mathematical content in The Bloch Equations, as well as a list of web addresses for professional organizations, scientific associations, and other sources of information relevant to the topics in the book.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!