- Beth Schrope
All the guidance you need to enhance your understanding and clinical application of ultrasound
Includes DVD with video of key techniques
Surgical and Interventional Ultrasound offers a thorough survey of image-guided treatments in the OR, in the endoscopy suite, and at the bedside. This one-stop clinical companion spans virtually every kind of surgical and interventional specialty that utilizes ultrasound and delivers high-yield perspectives on using these techniques to ensure accurate clinical decision making.
- An all-in-one primer for ultrasound–packed with valuable how-to’s and insights that take you through the basic exam and the full scope of interventions
- Essential content for residents that supplements training in surgery residency programs–from the Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma (FAST) exam, to intraoperative ultrasound and ultrasound-guided procedures such as breast biopsy or radiofrequency ablation
- Up-to-date, multidisciplinary focus on surgical and interventional ultrasound covers the array of procedures for which ultrasound is increasingly utilized
- Full-color illustrations with hundreds of ultrasound images
- Valuable opening chapter on the physics of ultrasound, which enables better quality images and a better understanding of image interpretation
- Important chapter on advanced technologies highlights 3D ultrasound imaging and contrast ultrasound, drawing attention to their safe and effective implementation in surgical practice
- Emphasis on ultrasound-guided anesthesia explains how ultrasound can enhance the precision of regional anesthetic procedures
- Instructive companion DVD features clips of key diagnostic and interventional techniques
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!