- Steven M Penny BS, RT(R), RDMS, Medical Sonography Lead Instructor, Johnston Community College, Smithfield, NC
- Traci B Fox MS, RT(R), RDMS, RVT, Instructor and Clinical Coordinator, DMS Program, Department of Radiologic Sciences, Johnston Community College, Smithfield, NC
- Cathy H Godwin MEd, RT(R), RDMS, RDCS, R, Director of Sonography Programs, Health Sciences Department, Johnston Community College, Smithfield, NC
Introducing an ideal resource for students and sonographers preparing to sit for the Sonography Principles and Instrumentation (SPI) examination offered by the ARDMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography) sonography credential granting organization. A narrative style exam review, this resource is ideal for ultrasound programs requiring a certification review manual for either a review course or for use throughout the curriculum, as well as for any professional preparing for certification. With content based on current exam formats, this book will help students identify strengths, assess and overcome weaknesses, and ace the test. The companion website includes an online exam simulation, with hundreds of additional questions, based on the content outline of the Sonography Principles and Instrumentation offered by the ARDMS.
- Mock exams help the student prepare for the certification exams in an environment that mimics the real exam format!
- In-text review questions help the reader determine if additional studying is needed before progressing further.
- A list of key terms is provided at the beginning of each chapter, which should allow for a rapid assessment of one’s familiarity with the associated material.
- Organized by exam, then by body region: Each chapter of this book offers opportunity for individual evaluation.
- Prepares for two exams: allows student to prepare for either the ARDMS or ARRT certification exam.