- Lynn N. McKinnis, PT , OCS, Butler, Pennsylvania, Concordia Visiting Nurses, Staff Physical Therapist, Cabot, Pennsylvania, St. F rancis Universit y, Adjunct Instruc tor, Department of Physical Therapy, Loretto, P ennsylvania, Universit y of Montana, Faculty Affiliate, School of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Science, Missoula, Montana
A volume in the Contemporary Perspectives in Rehabilitation Series
Edited by Steven L. Wolf, PhD, PT, FAPTA
Author Lynn McKinnis, the 2009 winner of APTA’s Helen J. Hislop Award for Outstanding Contributions to Professional Literature, presents a straightforward, logical approach to medical imaging for physical therapists.
After introductory chapters on basic radiology, a chapter on how to evaluate radiographs and chapters on advanced medical imaging, the text is organized by anatomic regions and then by joints.
At the heart of each anatomic chapter is a complete set of normal, routine radiographs that include tracings and point-by-point teaching observations. Each chapter ends with a discussion and offers imaging examples for commonly seen traumas and pathologies. The accompanying CD-ROM features exercises that reinforce the content in the text and help you to identify and recognize anatomy and pathologies.
- Routine radiologic evaluations for each anatomic region and joint—this is the only publication that has a complete normal series of x-rays for every joint in the body and every region of the spine.
- Abundant photographs and illustrations bring all of the principles and their applications to life.
- Real-life case studies in each chapter demonstrate the integration of imaging information into physical therapy interventions and illustrate how this information is applied in clinical practice.
- Summary of Key Point boxes and Self-Tests using with radiographs are presented at the end of every chapter.
- Routine radiologic exam series printed on the inside front cover and a summary table comparing all imaging modalities printed on the inside back cover for quick reference.
New to this Edition
- 3 new chapters on advanced imaging, including CT, MRI, and diagnostic ultrasound.
- In response to reviewer feedback, a new chapter, Radiologic Evaluation of the Chest.
- Over 90 new digital images.
- More labels and arrows on the images.
- UPDATED! BONUS CD-ROM, packaged with every book, featuring three types of interactive exercises that use radiographs and advanced imaging from the text to help you master how to read images by identifying the anatomy,recognizing the anatomy and identifying the Pathologies.