- Nathalie Garbani MS, RVT, Assistant Professor, Bachelor of Health Science, Vascular Sonography, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
This is the first full-color book written as a clinical vascular sonography text for the laboratory portion of a sonography and vascular sonography program or for practicing sonographers. Practical Vascular Technology is an image and feature-rich textbook and reference clearly illustrating the procedures and principles associated with applied vascular sonography. Each chapter includes thoroughly illustrated sections on patient and equipment preparation, the testing sequence, typical results of the test, and interpretation of test results.
A companion website includes clinical case studies and a student quiz bank.
Chapter Features include:
- Chapter Objectives
- Protocol Algorithms help students determine which tests to perform.
- Tips for specific procedures
- The Test Preparation section demonstrates how to prepare the patient and the equipment for testing.
- The Testing Sequence includes a series of photos showing the steps taken to complete the test.
- Results of Test includes scans with typical results of the test previously described.
- The Interpretation section guides students on how to interpret the test results.