- Philip Lumb MB BS (Author)
For physicians and nurses in critical care medicine, the increased demand and use of ultrasound necessitates further training. Critical Care Ultrasound helps meet that need. A straightforward, practical approach, an abundance of detailed ultrasound images, and online video demonstrations provide step-by-step guidance on the principles and effective use of this important imaging modality in both diagnosis and assistance with specific procedures. Coverage includes the latest applications of ultrasound for neurologic critical care; vascular problems; chest; hemodynamic monitoring; and abdominal and emergency uses, as well as assistance in a variety of specific procedures in critical care medicine.
- Incorporate a holistic approach. Visualize all or any parts of the body, tissues, organs and systems in their live, anatomically and functionally interconnected state and in the context of the whole patient’s clinical circumstances.
- See exactly how it’s done. Numerous ultrasound images and dozens of videos demonstrate the use of ultrasound in critical care.
- Rely on the guidance of more than 80 different experts from Australia, China, Middle East, Europe, USA, and Canada regarding the current and future use of CCU.
- Adapt the use of emergency ultrasound in specialized out-of-hospital (i.e., war zones, animals) and in-hospital (i.e., pediatric units) settings. Additionally, issues regarding CCU logistics, training, and education are analyzed for the first time.
- Access the complete contents, images, and video online at Expert Consult -fully searchable!
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!