- Wells Mangrum, MD, Duke University Medical Center;
- Kimball Christianson, MD, Duke University Medical Center;
- Scott Duncan, MD, Duke University Medical Center;
- Phil Hoang, MD, Duke University Medical Center;
- Allen W Song, MD, Duke University Medical Center and
- Elmar Merkle, MD, Duke University Medical Center
The newest title in the popular Case Review Series, Duke Review of MRI Principles, by Wells Mangrum, MD; Kimball Christianson, MD; Scott Duncan, MD; Phil Hoang, MD; Allen W. Song, PhD; and Elmar Merkle, MD, uses a case-based approach to provide you with a concise overview of the physics behind magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Written by radiology residents, practicing radiologists, and radiology physicists, this multidisciplinary text introduces you to the basic physics of MRI and how they apply to successful and accurate imaging, interpretation, and diagnosis. Clinically relevant cases with associated questions and images reinforce your understanding of essential principles needed to confidently interpret a wide range of MRI images for all organ systems.
- Review the basic physics of MRI in a concise, high-yield manner and learn how to apply them for successful and accurate imaging, interpretation, and diagnosis.
- Master 17 essential MRI principles you need to know through clinically relevant cases accompanied by associated questions and 600 images that reinforce your understanding and help you confidently interpret a wide range of MRI images.
- Effectively diagnose disease in all organ systems. Authors are fellowship-trained in each body system – neuro, breast, body, vascular and MSK, providing you with practical guidance in every area
- Focus on the information that’s most relevant to your needs from a multidisciplinary author team comprised of radiology residents, practicing radiologists and radiology physicists.
- See the underlying simplicity behind MRI physics. Despite employing the same MRI principles, similar imaging systems use slightly different names. A simplified explanation of these principles and how they are applied to each body system deepens your understanding and helps avoid any confusion.