- Richard R. Carlton, M.S., R.T.(R)(CV), FAEIRS, Associate Professor and Coordinator of Radiologic and Imaging Sciences, Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Arlene M. Adler, M.Ed., R.T.(R), FAEIRS, Professor and Director, Radiologic Sciences Programs, Indiana University Northwest, Gary, Indiana
An overview of imaging modalities, PRINCIPLES OF RADIOGRAPHIC IMAGING: AN ART & A SCIENCE, 5th Edition delivers essential information on radiographic contrast, density, detail, and distortion, as well as the latest instrumentation and technology used in the imaging sciences. Building logically from the simplest concepts to the more complex, the text ties lessons together visually and conceptually in a student-friendly and thorough presentation of radiographic exposure.
- Clear, Concise Writing Approach: Written in a student-friendly style, the text delivers content logically, starting with the simplest topics and gradually introducing more complex areas for study.
- Expert Authors: Well-known and respected in the field of radiologic sciences, authors Carlton and Adler share their decades of teaching and A.E.R.S. leadership experience throughout the text.
- Complete, Reliable Coverage: This fifth edition, addresses every area of radiographic physics and instrumentation required by accredited programs in radiography, radiologist assistant, ultrasound, radiation therapy, and nuclear medicine, including advanced areas of study, including magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography, bone densitometry, cardiac interventional, and other radiologic and imaging sciences.
New to this Edition
- INFORMATIVE FEATURES: Four new chapters appear in Unit 6 covering the topics of Bone Densitometry, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, and Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- FOCUSED PICTURE ARCHIVING AND COMMUNICATION SYSTEM (PACS) CONTENT: Discussions on recent developments in digital radiographic imaging and a complete chapter on radiology informatics systems give students the current information they need to be competitive in today’s job market.
- HELPFUL INSTRUCTOR TOOLS: Customizable ancillaries include test banks, PowerPoint slides that coordinate with the text and its illustrations to make course preparation easier and more effective, and online course materials such as CourseMate that include an interactive eBook, interactive teaching and learning tools such as flashcards and quizzes, and Engagement Tracker – a first-of-its-kind tool that monitors student engagement in the course.