- Christoph F. Dietrich,MD, Professor, Department of Internal Medicine 2, Caritas Hospital, Bad Mergentheim,Germany
Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) is now considered one of the most essential and cost-effective techniques in the assessment of a wide range of gastrointestinal diseases. A remarkably versatile, minimally invasive procedure, it also calls for a high level of anatomic knowledge and technical prowess. This revised and updated lavishly illustrated volume — a textbook and atlas in one — offers medical professionals the most comprehensive overview of EUS available, as well as a wealth of valuable insights from leaders in the field.
- More than 1000 high-quality images
- Logical, easy-to-use structure, including the requisite anatomy and pathology
- Strategies for selecting patients and procedures, including hygiene requirements, informed consent, patient positioning and monitoring, and more
- Precise clinical descriptions and valuable tips and techniques for diagnosis and treatment
- Guidance on the successful handling of needling and catheters
- Insightful discussions of the uses and limitations of evolving techniques
- Chapters on contrast-enhanced EUS techniques and SonoElastography, new chapters on Hot Spots of Interventional EUS and Portal Hypertension
- Accompanying DVD with over 60 video sequences and 30 still images on selected topics
Written for specialists and trainees in gastroenterology, pneumology, and surgery,Endoscopic Ultrasound is essential reading for anyone wishing to explore and exploit the potential of state-of-the-art EUS.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!