- Victor N. Cassar-Pullicino, M.D., Consultant Radiologist and Clinical Director, Department of Radiology, The Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry, Shropshire, U.K.
- Herwig Imhof, M.D., Professor of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Head of the Department of Radiodiagnostics, University and General Hospital Vienna, Austria
Lavishly illustrated with hundreds of superb MR images and CT scans
The diagnosis of trauma to the spine — where the slightest oversight may have catastrophic results — requires a thorough grasp of the spectrum of resultant pathology as well as the imaging modalities used in making an accurate diagnosis. In Spinal Trauma, the internationally renowned team of experts provides a comprehensive, cutting-edge exposition of the current vital role of imaging in the diagnosis and treatment of injuries to the axial skeleton. Beginning with a valuable clinical perspective of spinal trauma, the book offers the reader a unique overview of the biomechanics underlying the beautifully illustrated pathology of cervical trauma.
Acute trauma topics include:
- Optimization of imaging modalities
- Malalignment — signs and significance
- Vertebral fractures — detection and implications
- Classification of thoraco-lumbar fractures — rationale and relevance
- Neurovascular injury
Distilling decades of clinical and teaching expertise, the contributors further discuss the current role of imaging in special focus topics, which include:
- The pediatric spine
- Sports injuries
- The rigid spine
- Trauma in the elderly
- Vertebral collapse, benign and malignant
- Spinal trauma therapy
- Vertebral fractures and osteoporosis
- Neuropathic spine
All throughout the book, the focus is on understanding the injury, and its implications and complications, through an imaging approach. Complete with hundreds of superb MR images and CT scans, and clear full-color drawings, the authors conclude with a look into the future, defining clinical trends and research directions. Spinal Trauma — with its broad scope, practical imaging approach, and current focus — is designed to enhance confidence and accuracy, making it essential reading for clinicians and radiologists at all levels.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!